Monday, November 11, 2013

I Celebrate Myself

When I think about celebrating myself, I think of celebrating who I am and what I have become. I know that it's totally cliche to say "I am proud of myself because I am my own person, and because I am confident in who I am" but it's true. In Song of Myself Whitman talks about how everyone is the same, or as he says it "For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you." This is true, we should think of everyone as equal but there should be something about you that makes you different.

"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different." ~ Coco Channel

In the poem Song of Myself, Whitman talked about how when you die, life isn't over for you, which I also think is true. When I die I want to be remembered for something. Above is one of my favorite quotes about being different. It's basically saying that if you want to be known for something when you're gone,  then you have to make yourself known for something now. That is one of my philosophy's for life.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I agree in celebrating myself for being different and not like the others(conforming to the society). When you die, you'll just be another dead person, not doing anything spectacular or noteworthy. But what do you think actually happens to us when we die, do we just reincarnate or what?

    ReplyDelete